Total time : 20 minutes.
1. 1 cup bengal gram flour
2. 1 bunch of Greens chopped. You can choose any from following : Cilantro, Spinach, Fenugreek leaves
3. 1 small purple Cabbage grated(optional, Purple cabbage gives this dish a purplish color and also is a great way to eat this vegetable)
4. 1/2 tsp grated Ginger(optional)
5. Salt to taste
6. Water as per need
0. Ready the steamer. By the time we reach step 4, the water should be boiling.
1. Mix 1-5 ingredients well.
2. Slowly make it into a dough by adding water little by little. The dough should be almost like bread dough.
3. Make small shapes of your choice and put into the steamer.
4. Cook until done. You know when its done when a fork comes out clean. Takes around 15 minutes.
5. Take out and pour oil generously on both sides. You can even cut the dumplings into smaller pieces with a knife if you wish.
6. Serve. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds to make it prettier :).
More Recipes of bengal gram flour are here:
You can also make crepes with this flour. Just add greens of your choice, add water to make a medium thin flowing paste and make crepes.