I do not use environmental harming chemicals at home anymore. I use baking soda instead for a LOT of things. Check out this channel which shows it all in a cool way
The other things I use baking soda for apart from the videos shown above are:
1. Clean my ear rings. Just add pinch of baking soda to a bowl of water and leave your ear rings in the bowl overnight. By morning the dirt will be off the ear rings.
2. Clean my mixie jar stains and greasy oil lamps. Just add handful of baking soda to a tub of water and immerse your utensils, lamps whatever in the solution overnight. In the morning just use an old toothbrush to make it clean. Don’t worry you do not have to spend too much energy or time cleaning them which you would otherwise. Just a quick brushing is enough. And your utensils, oil lamps will be spotless clean.
3. Clean stains on wooden tables. Rub some baking soda (+ some vinegar if you have it) with few drops of water and leave overnight. Wipe in the morning with damp cloth.
4. Clean stains on clothes. Rub some baking soda with few drops of water and leave overnight. Wash just the stain part in the morning or just put the clothes in the laundry as usual.
5. Sprinkle some baking soda in your kitchen dustbin if it is smelly. It absorbs bad smells pretty quickly.
6. Once my neighbors cat poo’d on my carpet. I used baking soda to get rid of the smell.
7. I make toothpaste with it . Baking soda + any dry herb/spice like clove, cinnamon, mint, basil + bit of salt coconut oil
8. To mop the floor. Add handful of baking soda + your favorite essential oil for a nice aroma and to keep bugs off your house in a bucket of water and mop the floor!
If you know any other uses please share it here.